most used face products this week

6:19 AM

A couple of posts ago I confessed my obsession with beauty products. Well, I thought it might be cool to tell you every so often what my most used beauty products for the week are. If they are on these posts then you can pretty much bet that I love them. Let me clarify too...these are not NEARLY all the face products that I use on a day to day basis. I tend to rotate some of them out day to day, but these are the ones that I used EVERYDAY this last week. Ready? Ok!

(click photo to enlarge)

#1 | Rimmel Stay Matte Primer : About $6 at any store that carries Rimmel (I got mine @ Ulta). This is the weirdest consistency of primer I have ever used. Its kind of a cream product & its a little tacky. I love it for prolonging the wear of my foundation! I use it all over my face & make sure & rub it in really good. It doesn't have a weird smell or texture. I used the Benefit 15 hour primer stick & it was HORRIBLE! This is about an 8th of the primer of the Benefit primer & it works 8 times better.

#2 | Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser : About $5 at any store that carries Maybelline (I got mine @ Kroger b/c its the only place I could find it in stock). I apply this product BEFORE the Rimmel primer mentioned above. They have been comparing this pore eraser to Benefit's Porefessional...well...I didn't love Porefessional to be honest. But I am really loving this. You don't have to use much. Its more of the consistency of what a normal primer is. Its silicon filling and kind of thick. I don't rub this in, I press it into my skin so it will fill the pores a little more thoroughly. I wouldn't say that it holds your pores being filled all day, but definitely most of the days. They don't seem as big from when I apply it, to about 3 p.m.

#3 | Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-n-1 Foundation : About $10 at any store with Covergirl (I got mine @ Walmart I believe). If I do another post with my most used Face Products, this will be in there again. This is my FAVORITE "drugstore" foundation. Its smooth, easy to apply, beautiful finish, lasts most of the day on my veryyyy oily skin. Its not thick feeling. It doesn't feel like you have a cake face, & it doesn't look like you have one either. You can't really go wrong. I have it in a variety of shades because of summer/winter skin colors. I apply my foundations with a beauty blender or Sigma F80 brush.

#4 | Neutrogena Shine Control Powder : About $13 at any store with Neutrogena (I got mine @ CVS). This is kind of a high price for a powder from the drugstore, but its pretty darn good. It DEFINITELY helps with shine, & at the same time doesn't make your face look powdery or thick. I apply this powder with an E.L.F. Kabuki Brush (picked it up from Target). Make sure that you apply powder products after anything cream/liquid that you put on your face. This is my last step before I contour & apply blush.

#5 | Concealer & Corrector by BH Cosmetics : $6 online (follow link). Okay...if you have not discovered BH Cosmetics, I'm going to ahead & apologize to your wallet (but not too bad because its SO inexpensive). What a hidden gem. I picked up this concealer palette online around Thanksgiving when they were having a huge Cyber Monday sale. I think I paid $3.50 for it on sale. I LOVE it. The concealer really conceals, which sounds weird but most concealers that aren't much money don't do jack. This works great. I use it under my eyes as my under eye concealer. Its covers up all discoloration & it really brightens my under eye area. The other nice thing about me having the "light" shade is that it has the light colors for brightening under the eyes but it also has most of my skin tone colors to be able to conceal blemishes on my face. It also has a yellow, green, & salmon correcting color in it. I highly recommend this palette.

#6 | Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip in Riviera Strip : About $12 anywhere that sells Physicians Formula (I got mine @ CVS when they had the brand on sale). Okay, I have to admit, I have had this product for awhile & I just started using it a couple weeks ago. When I first bought it I thought I would be using it as a blush. Well, I quickly realized that I was too bronzed & shimmery when I applied it as thick as a normal blush. My cheeks looked very muddy. So I put it away for awhile & kind of gave up on it. Well, a couple of weeks ago I started using it like this... I will contour under my cheek bones, then I will put a little of this on my cheeks where I put my blush. Emphasis on A LITTLE. Then I apply my usual blush. I have found that I makes my cheeks look very glowy & sun kissed. I really like the look it gives.

These are my most used face products of the week. Maybe soon I will try a 'most used eye products of the week' post. What do you think?

What were your most used products this week?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I just ordered the concealer. I got really excited when I saw how cheap it was!! Under $10 with shipping!! My concealer is crap, but never ventured outside of it because I thought all concealers were the same. Hopefully, this does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got it! I hope you like it! I forgot to put in my post but I use a flat (looks like a paint brush) ELF $1 foundation brush to apply it. :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images