beach readin'

1:05 PM

This past couple of weeks you may {or may not} have noticed that I was M.I.A. Well, I have a good reason...promise.

1. I got a new job! {y a y ! more on that later in the week}
2. I was at the beach this past week with my husband for some good old fashion relaxation. We had the amazing opportunity to go to Destin, FL for the week & since it had been 2 years since our last vacation, we ran! {only jokes...we actually drove. we aren't that active ;)} While there we had a few days of good fun in the sun {by fun I mean, I didn't  move in the beach chair other than to take a drink or turn over} & we also had several days of rainy cold weather. Nonetheless, I read... A L O T. Nathan makes fun of how fast I read. I really don't mean to & didn't even realize I was a fast reader till about 4 years ago on our honeymoon. We had both just gotten Kindle's {they were BIG & new on the market at the time} & were laying out in the sun in Mexico & I clicked to the next page at least once {usually twice} before Nathan did. At first he didn't believe I could read that fast, but I guess it's true? Anyway...I read a few books this past week & I thought I'd share.

1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I actually reallllly enjoyed this book. I had tried to read it a couple months ago & couldn't seem to get into it for some reason. It was fast moving {which I love} & a murder mystery. I don't want to say too much, but if you read it then hopefully you agree about the ending. Meh.....


2. At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks. I know, I know...sappy girl book. I tend to lean toward reading those. I don't know why. Just a mindless good book with lots of happy & sad parts. I really liked this book. Kind of predictable {collective..duh} but still really good to read out on the beach.

3. Spring Fever by Mary Kay Andrews. Don't laugh, but this was my favorite one I read. It was such a good story & was pretty funny. Lots of dialogue which I LOVE. Just an all around girly book. Lots of scandal & relationship drama. I recommend this book if you need a good book to read before bed or one at the pool/beach. I have never read any of her stuff, but I really liked it. May see what else she has written.

I started a fourth book the last night we were there but I won't share what it is because I haven't finished yet, & I really can't wait to see how it ends! So stay tuned for more on what I'm reading in a couple of weeks.

What have you been reading lately?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh man! I loved At First Sight! There's a follow up to that one - True Believer! Be sure to get that one too!

    Still haven't finished Gone Girl, but I do what I do and read the ending first. It was unexpected, but as the story goes on I am intrigued. Haha. We shall see how it turns out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read the end first?? That's hilarious.

    Will have to definitely look into True Believer! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images