oddest makeup tip

6:24 AM

How many of you live somewhere that is hotter than hades in the summer time??
Then this blog post is for you!

Every summer I try and find the perfect foundation, primer, toner, or serum to help with the oil and sweat that comes with hot weather. I have found things that help, but nothing that I have fallen madly in love with. 

If you are like me, you don't like to spend an arm and leg on foundation but you want the longevity that good foundation is known for. Well, here is a tip for you!

It is the oddest tip I have ever gotten, but I believe it works. 

Go the store, and buy yourself some Nivea Post Shave Balm. Yes, this a man's shaving product. Yes, it is only 5ish bucks. Yes, it is similar to an expensive primer and makes your foundation last longer..

Here is a picture for reference.

Okay so why does this work so well to make your foundation last longer? 
 
Personally, I think it's because it's slightly tacky feeling it has when applied so the foundation can grip it and stay put. I have been using this under my foundation for several days now, and have noticed a difference. I don't look near as oily at the end of the day. AND you don't need much of it to cover your face!
Side note: we usually go on a bike ride in the evening & I have to pedal Bennett behind me, so I typically break a sweat.
 
The nice thing too is that I don't feel like I have to use as much foundation to cover. So *fingers crossed* it will hopefully allow my foundation to last longer in the bottle also. 

If nothing else, give it a shot. 
It's $5 and you may have just found your new favorite summer toiletry.

Let me know if you have any other amazing tips for summer time "glistening". ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images