this summer

4:54 PM

Contrary to popular belief, just because I work at an University does not mean that I get the summer off...unfortunately...That is part of my excitement for teaching next year! My husband is a youth pastor at a local church & we are gone A LOT during the summer. We are currently going on 1 mission trip, 2 camps, 1 conference, & 1 VBS in town. I wouldn't trade any of it. I love summer events & I am so thankful that with teaching, I will be able to participate more.

With that being said, there are lots of things that I would like to get done this summer around the house & personal goals.

1. I would love to paint some rooms in our house! I haven't done this yet for two reasons. I can't decide on a paint color, & I don't have time to paint. I am hoping I can do a couple rooms this summer. Probably going to shoot for the master bedroom & possibly the guest room (see goal #2).

2. I really need to decorate our guest room. So far since we have lived in our house the guest room has been where all the "leftover" decorations have gone. Lets just say it looks like it too...

3. Reading books has been a little low in priority since I got back from my week at the beach in April. I am thinking that I would like to read at least 5 books over May, June, & July.

4. I'm really excited to decorate my classroom (this summer if possible) so I can have a head start on the school year!

5. I am hoping that I will be able to blog more over the summer. I have some great ideas for blog posts that I have been jotting down in Evernote, but life always seems to get in the way. Another section of this goal is that I can still publish blog posts when I am gone for weeks out of the summer (thank you "schedule" button in blogger).

6. Hoping I can keep up with my work out schedule. I have been getting up at 4:45 a.m. every morning for a work out class at the gym. Is that early? Duh. Does it make me feel better? Of course. I have learned to love working out. Hope I can work out at least 4 times a week this summer.

7. I would love to deep clean my entire house. & by deep clean I mean clean the base boards and binds too. This is very daunting for me. Having a dog (as cute as she may be) comes with a lot of dog hair. I have been noticing some spots that really need to be cleaned in the house but when I have the time to do it, I don't want to because I'm so exhausted.

8. Get tanner. The end.

9. See "Neighbors" in theater. Looks so funny!

I am sure there are about a million other things I want to do, but these are my top choices.

Do you have any summer goals? 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Don't you love it when the students say, "have a great summer". I just wanna yell, "I'm gonna be here, you fool!" But that would be frowned upon...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images