products I've used up || mini reviews

7:10 AM

Over the last several weeks I have been using up products like its my job! I had quite the collection of products so I have been trying to get through them so I can be trying out new things in the near future. I thought I'd save my "trash" to share what I have been using up, what I thought of the product, & if I will repurchase. {in order of my daily routine}


1. Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion :: CVS :: $10 -- I heard about this moisturizer from Makeup by Tiffany D. She has always raved about it so I thought I'd give it a go. The worst part about this moisturizer is that its hard to find. I had to go to the Skin MD website & search for where its found at a "retailer near me". It is a great, light moisturizer that does not leave your skin feeling greasy. No weird smell or texture. Overall...I would repurchase. 

2. Up & Up Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes :: Target :: $4 (ish) -- I love these makeup remover wipes. I do not like getting all that face makeup on my wash cloth, so I use a wipe before I use actual cleanser. The "initial cleansing" if you will. These do not irritate my skin. Do not leave a weird film like some I have tried. & most of all, they are cheap. Target also has a makeup cleansing towelette in a dark green package...NOT THE SAME...I repeat, not the same. Purple pack for the win. I always have a stash in my cabinet.

3. LA Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser :: Ipsy Bag :: $10 ipsy subscription -- These were okay. Not very wet. But they did okay as the "initial step". Nothing fancy. Definitely nothing I would go buy for myself.

4. Rimmel Stay Matte Primer :: Ulta :: $7 -- I am always on the look out for a good primer to use before my foundation. I really enjoyed this one. It is very different from most primers. It is not a clear silicon type of texture. It kind of looks like Elmer's glue to be honest. It doesn't feel sticky or anything...just looks like glue. I felt that it did help prolong the "matteness". I will repurchase. 


1. L'Oreal Power Volume Collagen Mascara :: Walmart :: $7 -- I usually LOVE L'Oreal mascaras but this was not my favorite {or even close}. It had a very wirey {is that a word?} brush which did not pick up much product. It was a very wet mascara, too. I thought that after a while of using it that it would dry out some & maybe I would start to like it, but I never did. You failed me L'Oreal...but don't worry, you still hold the record for my favorite mascara....its just not this one...

2. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara :: QVC :: in a kit that was $55 -- One of my Christmas gifts from Nathan was a Tarte kit from QVC & it came with 2 of these mascaras. I love the kit but I am not gonna lie, I kind of regret getting it. Why? Because I love everything in it TOO much & some things I can't afford to keep buying. i.e., this amazing mascara. IT IS THE BOMB!!! I love literally everything about it. The only criticism I have is that it doesn't last forever. :) If Ulta has a 21 days of beauty sale again with this on it, I will definitely be buying some!

3. Maybelline Define-a-brow :: Walmart :: $6 -- This is my favorite drug store product. My only fear is that it is pulling out some of my eye brow hairs. Sounds weird I know...but I have to be really careful not too press to hard or I notice that they just fall out. That, I don't need. But overall a great product. I always have a back up.

4. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer :: Walmart :: $7 -- Hmmm...what to say about this product...I am not too sure what it did to be honest. Didn't really highlight. Certainly didn't cover anything up. So I'm not too sure. Didn't last long either...I would not repurchase.

5. Merle Norman Lasting Foundation :: Merle Norman :: $33 -- Why God? Why did this have to end? This is my FAVE foundation on the planet. Literally, the planet. No one EVER talks about it. I have gone through so many its not even funny. {used to work at a Merle Norman} I can wear this foundation & go swimming & its still there. It is not cakey but stays. It has amazing coverage. Holds up in Houston, TX humidity. Has SPF 12. What more could you want in life? Other than the price to be less? I hope I can repurchase this soon. Excuse me while I go cry that its gone...

6. NYX HD Concealer :: Ulta :: $5 -- Love this concealer. Love this concealer to hide blemishes or redness, but I mostly use this concealer for under the eyes {in Porcelain}. Doesn't make my under eyes look dry at all. Stays all day. Brightens & covers. Always have a back up in Porcelain for under the eyes & my current skin tone for blemishes.


1. TRESemme Split Remedy :: Walmart :: $5 -- I really liked this product. This bottle lasted me about a year. I can't find it anywhere now though. Not sure what happened. I don't know that it really helped that much with split ends, but it certainly helped with frizz. I am sad I can't find it anywhere. If I happen to run across it somewhere, I will definitely repurchase.


1. Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue Perfume :: Ulta :: $50 -- This is my FAVORITE perfume. My only sadness is that it so dang expensive. I have a bigger bottle that I got for Christmas, so I am okay right now but I am going to be so sad when that is gone.

2. Bath & Body Works Amber Blush Body Wash :: B&BW :: $10 -- I love bath & body's body washes. I feel like they last me a long time. Amber Blush was a nice scent. Glad I finished it before summertime though. I feel like this is more of a winter scent. Need to go buy more body wash in summer scents.

3. Bath & Body Works Pure Paradise Triple Moisture Body Cream :: B&BW :: $12 -- I love this scent. I feel like its the typical summer scent. I had this one left over from last summer. I am not a huge fan of the triple moisture body cream...kind of thick in my opinion, but I do love this scent. Almost time to stock up on summer lotions too!


I think that is everything! PHEW!!
Have you gone through any good products lately? I would love some recommendations!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images