mother's day

1:17 PM




With today being Mother's Day, I thought I would dedicate this blog post to my wonderful mother. She is such a great example of a mother, daughter, sister, friend, wife, & woman of God.  When I was growing up, we got along but high school was rough. I thought I was cooler than her & she didn't know as much as I knew. Boy was I wrong. Many of my mentors tried to tell me that when I moved away I would appreciate my mom more, & I would just laugh at them when they would say that. They were definitely right. My mom is my best friend. Its weird when we go a day without talking to each other. I still want her by my side when I'm sick. It's so hard to live states away from her, but I am so thankful that she is there to remind me God's will (even if she doesn't like that we live far away either).

The bottom line is...thank you mom for always being there for me. For making my lunch. For sitting at my feet when I was sick. For making sure I knew how to order for myself at restaurants. For making my childhood as special as humanly possibly. For showing me that hosting people is fun & doesn't have to be stressful. For taking me school clothes shopping every year when you were the one who may have needed new clothes at the time. For taking me to Splashtown in the summers. For making me do rain dances. For making James & I hold hands on the couch when we fought so we would have a great relationship. For listening to me complain. For listening to me cry. For forgiving me. For encouraging me to follow my dreams. For loving me through the attitudes. For cleaning my room. For not putting too much mayo on my sandwiches. For coming to my piano recitals...oh, and long band concerts. For always making my deal more important than yours, even though I didn't deserve it. And most of all...For encouraging me to have a relationship with Christ. I love you, mom!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images