summer fluff

6:15 AM

Now girls...I'm not talking about the extra few that we I have added on in preparing surviving till the end of the school year. 

No no...I am talking about the laying by the pool/on the beach with a drink that requires an umbrella and a really good fluffy girly book.
I specialize in these books.
Several times in my life I have been asked if I would ever go back to school and get my masters. And I always reply with "No, I never want to write another paper again. Plus there is nothing that I want to be the master of."
But the truth is, I would love to be the master of "chick-lit".
Maybe I already am?
Because that's all I read. ;)

So what are my top 5 favorite "summer fluff" books? 
Here ya go.



1. Spring Fever by Mary Kay Andrews
I read this book a couple of years ago when Nathan and I went to Destin. I just happened to pick it up at the book store there because I finished the other books I had brought. It was so good that I read it in one afternoon...oops! #sorrynotsorry
I have now read most of her books and have liked them all! 

 2. See Me by Nicholas Sparks
How do you talk about summer fluff and chick-lit without including Nicholas Sparks? 
I think that would be a sin!
This was unlike any other book of his that I have ever read. It was so intense! Normally a lot of his books are all about the romance and how the boy gets the girl...don't get me wrong, there is that too. But not in the same way that it normally is in his books - this one is full of suspense also. Loved this one!


3. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
I am not going to lie...I tried to read this a few years ago and couldn't get into it. But while I was on maternity leave, I needed something to read on my iPad while I was nursing Bennett in the middle of the night so I tried this one again. I don't know if it was the post-pregnancy hormones or what, but man it was good. Cried like a baby. Then a couple of months after I finished it, the trailer for the movie came out. I would definitely recommend reading the book first. Sometimes the movies ruin it for me, but I'm going to give it my best shot! 
There is a sequel to the book, but I couldn't get into it. I haven't tried any of her other books, but I hear they're great too! 




4. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah 
This is definitely one of my favorite books of all time! 
Such a fun, easy read. Not going to lie though...when I first read it, I've cried like I've never cried before at the end. I am now reading it a second time (I usually never read books twice) and love it just as much! Such a sweet story of two friends who grow up together and their journey through life. I learned recently that there is a sequel to this book called Fly Away which I plan to read next! 

5. Popular by Tindell Baldwin
 I believe with every part of my being that every girl needs to read this book. From as young as junior high all the way to adults. It is such a good book that talks about thing, that I believe, all girls struggle with. Tindell tells her story about life and not feeling like she fits in and how she overcame the struggle of trying to be "popular". Please girls...read it. 


There ya have it! Now, if you're like me...I would FLY through 5 books over the summer.
So try others by the authors I have mentioned...they have some other great books as well. 

If you need more book suggestions or want to suggest me some, then go join the website called Goodreads. We can be friends and you can see what I am reading, want to read, and have read. 
You can post reviews on books and find new ones that you maybe didn't know existed. 
I use the website mostly to keep up with what I have read. 
 For some reason I always forget if I've read a certain book. So I can go back to the website/app to check and be sure. 
I also put books on my "want to read" list all the time! 

A feature that I'm trying is setting a goal for the 2016 year on how many books I can read. 
My goal is to read 20 books in 2016! Right now I have read 9, so I have a lot of catching up to do. ;)

Have any book suggestions?!
Leave me some in the comments or on goodreads! :)

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images