december

5:13 PM

December is by far my favorite month of the year.
Its my birthday month (December 5th!) and its Christmas! 
Now that I'm a teacher, I get half of December off so that's not too bad either. ;)

Yesterday started the season of Advent. This is the time where we wait in anticipation for Christ. A lot of people think that the end goal is Christmas and skip right past Advent, but I think that Advent makes Christmas that much sweeter!

I started reading the Advent readings to my first period students each morning at the start of the day. {I work in a private school so I have the luxury of being able to talk about my faith...its such a blessing}
I am going off the cute calendar below that I found on Pinterest. If you check out Pinterest you will find all kinds of designs that all have the same scriptures. You should catch up and read through the Christmas story with me during Advent!


I was also thinking about starting to write down monthly goals. I did this when I was in college and I loved it. It really helped me stay focused {plus I am a sucker for being able to check something off a list!}. #typeAmuch?

So here are my December goals.


1. Read 2 Books || I have been working on reading a book right now, and I'm hoping to finish it soon. So I would like to read 2 additional books. I don't read enough! 

2. Blog 2 times a week || I have been getting better about this but I want to make sure it goes on through out the entire month! There may even been 3 posts a couple of the weeks. ;) #overachiever

3. Organize Master Closet || I put this because our closet always seems so crowded when we get out our winter clothes. We don't have the biggest closet we have ever had, but we do have the messiest. I just want to go through everything. I also find that when I organize things, I find things that I no longer  and I'm able to donate!

4. Get laundry done || This was actually supposed to say laundry ROOM done, but I think it was a Freudian Slip, because I am TERRIBLE about doing the laundry. My family makes fun of me because I am the worlds worst about remembering to wash the sheets on a weekly basis. BUT the laundry room is being redone for my birthday {you know your an adult when...} and I can't wait to have it complete! :) Don't worry, there will be pics to follow.

5. Run 3 times a week || I was going to start this on Monday but I wore new shoes to work on Monday and they gave me terrible sores on my feet! Ouch! So I am going to start tomorrow. I would be okay with doing a workout video inside 3 times a week too. Just something!

6. Go to Texas! || Not gonna lie, I just had to put this on my list because I'm so excited about it! Nathan and I get to go right after Christmas for almost a full week. I miss my Texas peeps, food, and so much more! Can't wait!


Thanks for reading! Check back later this week for a birthday post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images