3 easy cold weather recipes

1:54 PM

When Nathan and I got married I had no idea how to cook. The most I could do was cook noodles and eggs. I didn't even know how to heat up spaghetti sauce. (mostly I was just lazy and didn't want to dirty a pot...) Nathan loved to cook so luckily we didn't starve.

I have come a long way since those dark days. {dark meaning the color of our food because I was the queen of over cooking things...} 
I wanted to share my recipes that I love to cook this time of year. If I cook them, they are easy. :) So get ready and make your shopping list ladies!

Spicy Chili 
*feeds about 8 
**takes about 15 minutes prep and an hour to cook
2 lbs ground chuck (if you can get deer meat it makes the best chili!)
2 large onions, chopped
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
2 (16 oz) cans kidney beans, undrained
1 (16 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
2 tbl chili powder
2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground red pepper flakes (you can add more if you like it spicy)
1/4 tsp hot sauce (I do about 1/2 to 1 tsp)

Cook ground chuck, chopped onion, & garlic on skillet over medium heat until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain when needed. 
Transfer mixture to a large pot. Stir in beans & the rest of the ingredients. 
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low-medium. Simmer (uncovered) for one hour. Stir occasionally.


Spicy Chicken in the Crock Pot
*feeds 4
**prep time: 5 minutes; cook time: 6 hours
 1 can rotel
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can black beans (drained/rinsed)
5-6 frozen chicken breasts
8 oz cream cheese
1 packet dry ranch dressing
1 tbl cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder

I use a crock pot bag to help with the mess. Place chicken down first and the top with other ingredients. Cover and cook in crock pot for about 6 hours. Shred chicken and enjoy!

Beef Rice Cabbage
*feeds about 6
*prep time: 10 min; cook time: 30 minutes
3 tbl butter
1/2 cabbage, chopped
1 cup uncooked minute rice
1 medium onion, chopped
2 lbs ground chuck (the leaner the better)
1 can rotel
salt & pepper

Melt butter in skillet, layer cabbage, uncooked rice, onion, raw crumbled hamburger, salt and pepper, then tomatoes. Cover with lid and simmer for about 30 minutes or until hamburger is done. 

Enjoy this holiday season with easy meals that are yummy and feed a crowd!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images