best birthday(s) ever

4:00 PM

Well, my birthday is actually tomorrow and I am sure it will be great, but I thought I'd talk about my favorite birthday(s) I've ever had. 
I thought I would be able to narrow it down to 1 but I just can't. I have a couple that stand out to me. 

My 10th birthday.
Growing up we didn't have birthday parties with friends {we just had family birthday parties}, but on my 10th birthday my mom let me have 3 friends over for a slumber party. It was so fun! They were my 3 best friends growing up and we had a blast. We did a pajama cat walk show {complete with awards}, painted nails, and other girly things. My mom was also the queeeeen of scavenger hunts growing up so there was definitely a scavenger hunt involved.

My 12th birthday. 
My mom surprised me and redid my room. The year before we had moved across town and it was horrifying for me. I missed our old house so bad. My new room had the previous owners wall paper, wall color, weird shelf above the bed and horrible curtains. So the next year for my birthday my parents got me a new comforter, painted, new curtains, wall hangings, and even string lights for around the window. It was such a great surprise! 
I actually noticed it when I was walking home from the bus stop. I saw there was an extension cord in the window. I ran inside and ran upstairs. My mom stopped me mid run and told me I couldn't go up to my room till my dad got home. What a party pooper! 
When he finally got home, the room was decorated in purple and pink leopard and zebra print. Every teeny boppers dream.

My 21st birthday.
My parents went all out. I was about to get married and I think they thought this was going to be the last time they were going to have to celebrate with me. {muahahaha}
My mom told me to invite a couple friends down and we'd go to a spa, so my friends Chey and Caitlan came down. First we went to the mall and got me an outfit for the night, went to the spa and got totally pampered, and then went to my favorite restaurant Taste of Texas. There were several people that went to dinner with us and it was so so fun! I absolutely loved it.

I have plenty of birthday memories but these definitely stand out in my mind.
I am so thankful to my parents {and now amazing husband} who always make my birthday wonderful. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images