transformations

7:21 AM

It has been almost 2 years since Nathan & I moved into our house and the good majority of the rooms in our house {my office, guest room & future nursery} are not even CLOSE to being finished. The guest room is my "extras" room. That's where any extra decorations go. And I mean anything. Its the most hodgepodge room I've seen in my life. One of the most annoying things is that I haven't ever found any end tables that I have liked for it. So anytime my parents have come and stayed in that room my mom has always put the lamp {from the dresser across the room} on the floor...how annoying! 

This past week I started decorating my classroom & my sweet mother-in-law informed me that she has been saving some $ for me to use in my classroom or my house & I could pick which one. Well, I'm sorry to the future students in my classroom, but I chose my house. :) #sorrynotsorry

So after we did some decorating in my classroom, we went to an amazing antique store near by & did some damage {not literally but you know what I mean}. I got these 2 tables & spray painted them gloss white. {there were a few additional steps to this...let me know if you'd like me to do a separate post on that}


I also got a lamp to redo {spray the base & get a new shade}, a clock for the guest room, & a planter for the front porch. I will show those when they are complete. :)

After the antique store we had to get a few things for my classroom {legitmately} but we stopped in TJ Maxx to see if they had this rug that she had seen a couple of days before. Well, we should have never stopped in.... #saidnooneever

We did not find the rug. But we did find this beaut. 


And y'all. I just couldn't walk away. I couldn't do it. It was calling my name. And it was totally justified! We have this really long wall in our living room that I have always hated how it was decorated & the big IKEA shelf that was on the wall needed to go up to my classroom so we needed something to take its place. AND I wanted that something to be more seating. Thus, the bench. 

And look how beautiful it looks {the wall hangings will be changed after I financially recover}! With the new pillows & gray wicker side table....once again, #sorrynotsorry 


Stay tuned on the transformation to this free headboard I got for the guest room!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images