my classroom

9:52 AM

So if you read my post HERE then you'll know that I became a math teacher this year! That is what I received my degree in so I am super pumped to be back in the classroom after 2 years. This is my first full time teaching job, but I am not scared! :P

I just wanted to share a few pictures with you that I took of my classroom. 

Now here is some background about my classroom...I LOVE decorating classrooms. Like if that were an occupation I would so do that. I love figuring out the cutest set up. The most functional set up. And organizing it all together. With that being said, I also believe in changing your room a little through out the school year. Why? Because it keeps you and the students on their toes. So this by NO MEANS is a permanent set up!

I wanted my classroom to be decorated in a way that made me feel at home (I mean hello, I'm there 7+ hours a day!), that wasn't too distracting (I didn't want a lot of "stuff"), and that wasn't "matchy-matchy". I knew that if my room was matchy-matchy then I would want to redecorate it as often as possible. Soooo...this is what I came up with!

^ This is a panoramic view of my classroom. There are two entrance doors. From the hall (which you can see in this picture) and then I am standing in front of the door that leads outside so you cannot see it. My classroom has a Promethean board (which I know is a luxury but I do not like using it) and also I have an Elmo (document camera) that projects on that huge screen that you see in the corner of the room.  

^ This is my desk area. I actually have quite a bit of room behind my chair. I can sit in my chair and open my fridge just fine. (the fridge is between the black shelf and the filing cabinet). I painted the "L" canvas and the other canvas on the wall that says "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders". I also made the tissue poms on my own. You can buy them but I like to make them on my own because they aren't very difficult and it saved me some $$! #winning (they are hanging by fishing line)

^ This white board is right to the left of my desk when you're sitting at it. On this day (first day of school) I wrote what we were going to do for the day. But now I am just writing their homework assignments on the board. The letters for the classes ("alg 3", "alg 1/2" and "geo") were made with scrapbook paper cut out with one of the stencils from the scrapbook section. I believe it was a 3.5 inch scalloped circle for half off! #thankyouhobbylobby. Then I just wrote the letters on with gold sharpie.

^ This white board is across the room from my desk. I have an "about Mrs. Lewis" section with pictures of people I love and the 2 sections to the left that you see say "quote" and "scripture". Each week I write a new quote and a new scripture. On Fridays my students can come in and recite the scripture to me (I erase it from the board) then they can earn their class a cute paper straw (my classroom incentive which I will do a separate post on later). I LOVE sitting at my desk and see this right across from me!

^ This wall is to the right of my desk and is my absolute favorite wall in my room! Why? Because its made up of [most of] my friends and family and I love all my friends and family and miss them so much! This wall was put together with string I found a while back in the dollar spot at Target (its hanging from the ceiling), mini-clothes pins from Walmart that got spray painted gold, and 4x4 inch instagram pictures that I printed. 
You HAVE to download this app called "Postal Pix". It allows you to log into your instagram and you can select which pictures you want printed. You have a variety of different sizes to choose from (I did 4x4) and you send them off and the prints get mailed to you. GREAT quality pictures! I ordered 75 prints and it cost me a little over $20 so it was pretty affordable too!

This is a close up of what all my letters look like on the scalloped circles. 

Thank you so much for taking a peek into my classroom, and for all the encouragement that I have received. I am on my 10th day of teaching and I am loving every bit of it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images