be our guest

9:29 AM

Well y'all...its been a long time comin but our guest room is coming together finally! But let me tell you the awesome story.

So Labor Day weekend we (my in-loves, hubby, & I) went to Florida to see my husbands grandparents. My hubby's sweet grandma decided that since she wasn't going to see me for my birthday or Christmas she wanted to buy me some gifts (I know...I'm so blessed!) So naturally, we headed to Hobby Lobby. 

I knew that I wanted to get a few things to hang in the guest room since I was determined to get that room finished but I wasn't sure what I was looking for. Then I found this guy...


I knew I had to have him. Plus he fit perfectly with my gold/neutral theme. #lovelovelove

As we were looking around everything just came together so nicely. I got 3 pictures, 2 mirrors, and my gold friend above. Thanks grandma. :)

Well, I don't think I've shared this with y'all but I have been terrified to paint rooms in my house. Not because of the paint. Just because I feel very indecisive about paint colors and I have no imagination and its hard for me to visualize what the colors will look like when they're up on the walls. Plus, Nathan and I have been really trying hard to stay on a budget and I don't want to waste money on a paint color that I may not end up liking. Thus...its been 2 years and no rooms in the house are painted. #coldsweatsjustthinkingaboutit

Well, Labor Day weekend was a break through for me. I found a paint color that I just KNEW would look good in the guest room. (Behr Greywood) I mentioned it to the hubby, but told him that I didn't want to hang any of my new beauties till we could paint.

Fast forward a week. I was headed to Tennessee to see my brother propose to his girlfriend (#sosweet) and Nathan was staying behind. When I got home I noticed this clock (bought a while ago for the guest room) hanging in the kitchen. 


I asked Nathan why the clock was hanging in the kitchen. He said that he didn't think it would match the new guest room decor.
I thought...why in the world would he have thought of that? So I asked "did you hang all the new stuff because I thought we weren't going to do that till we could paint?" 
To which he replied "I don't know..."
So I pretty much ran into the guest room. I turned around and he was video taping me...now I'm really suspicious. 
Lo and behold, he had painted and hung all my beauties while I was gone! (with the help of my in-loves). I was SO excited! Check it out!


I still need to get more pillows for the bed, spray paint my thrift store lamp (right lamp) and get some curtains but I'm SO happy with the paint color and how all the decorations came together!

Check out that headboard huh?? It looks so great with my tables that I talked about HERE.

YAY YAY YAY! A guest room where people might actually want to stay. :) 

Thanks to my sweet husband, his parents, and grandparents. 
Stay tuned for more house transformations.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images