ways to look more awake then you really are

6:23 PM

I work at a small Christian University & some of the girls that live in the campus housing had a "Galentine's" party last week. They asked me to come & give them make up tips & tricks. Well, if you know me at all you know I can talk about makeup all day everyday. I just love it. I love knowing the best products. I love knowing different techniques. I love seeing what other people are buying/using. I love it all. So needless to say, I was excited!


I thought that I might share what I shared with them. These are just a couple of things to take your makeup up a notch (or at all) and look more awake than you may feel. I have also put some low cost product recommendations that I use regularly! 

Concealer, Concealer, Concealer || Under eye concealer & face concealer. When you’re in a hurry, this step should not be skipped! Get a more convenient way of applying. Make sure you get an under eye concealer that is not too thick so it doesn’t settle in the lines under your eyes. To make your eye area look brighter and more awake, use a concealer two shades lighter than your skin tone, OR most concealer have a "brightening" color. 
--NYX HD Concealer (@ Ulta)

 Highlighters…Your new BFF || Highlight the inner corner of your eye with a light ivory/beige. **NO SILVER** Also use a nude eye liner on your water line of your eye. This will make you look instantly more awake! When we first all started wearing makeup we all put black in our water lines. I do not recommend doing this unless you are doing a smoky eye look.  
--Rimmel Eyeliner in Nude (or Taupe if you think nude is too light for you)
--Wet N Wild Bronzer in “Reserve Your Cabana” as cheek highlight [goes on the high point of your cheek bone. usually ends up being right above your blush.

Blush…Use It! || Blush is not a scary thing! You don’t have to look like your grandma :) If you are scared of blush or don’t know what color to get, usually a nice rosy color is a safe bet. Use a light hand.
--NYX Blushes are the bomb! 
--Milani Baked Blush (favorite color is Luminoso and Dulce Pink)

Mascara…don’t leave home without it! No matter what. || It is amazing how a coat of mascara can make your eyes look brighter, more awake, & you stop looking 12. A good mascara is good for the soul.
--L’Oreal typically has the best cheap mascara. My favorite is “Voluminous Original” & the new “Butterfly Mascara”
--Covergirl LashBlast Original in the orange tube
--Covergirl Professional Super Thick Lash (usually at the bottom of the display because its super cheap. I use this mostly has my second coat of mascara on top of something else…yes, I use 2 mascaras everyday. My lashes really need help…)

Eyebrows…they are hairy beasts that CAN be tamed. || I know it probably sounds crazy, but if you tame them brows, your look will totally change. I use a brow pencil & then a clear gel to keep them in place. You don’t have to do anything drastic. Start with a clear gel just to keep them in place.
--Maybelline Define a Brow (use a color as close to your hair color as humanly possible. I use medium brown.)
--Maybelline Clear Mascara (I know, I know…its okay to use on your brows I promise)

I will have {many} more posts about makeup to come. But in the meantime...what are you favorite makeup products to look more awake?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images