what I'm reading

7:06 PM

I LOVE to read but I do not read enough. I often get sucked into a game/app on my iPhone & then I forget what I was going to do in the first place. (just me? no?) 


But I do love to read. I always find it so funny how much I read when I’m on vacation at the beach or something then in real life at home. Here lately I have discovered an app called “Audible” where you can listen to the book you want to read. When Nathan & I were driving to Texas for Christmas, we listened to DivergentIt made the 12 hour drive go by so much faster. After that trip, I have been listening to books while I get ready in the morning (instead of the usual John Mayer playlist…sorry John…) I have to admit, I wasn’t sure how I would like listening to a book since I have NO imagination & my thoughts tend to wander easily. But I have loved it! 

I read the most often right before I go to bed. Right now I am reading a couple of books. 

1. Enemies of the Heart by Andy Stanley || Nathan & I are reading this book separately & then doing the discussion questions in the back each week. We are not very far into this book, but so far I really like it. Which is difficult to say considering it has brought up some thoughts & feelings that I don't know if I want to think about.

2. Allegiant by Veronica Roth || This is the 3rd book of the Divergent series. I would be listening to it on Audible but Nathan is listening to it while he runs in the morning & we can’t listen to the same book on two different devises. Poop. So I am reading it on my iPad.

What are you reading these days? I have several books that I bought a couple of weeks back with iBooks was running a $3.99 sale. Can’t decide what I am going to read after I finish Allegiant. Either The Fault in our Stars or Where’d You Go, Bernadette I have heard great things about both. 

Have y’all read either? What are your thoughts?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am reading "Gone Girl", but thanks to you I may go ahead and check out the Andy Stanley book. I love him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great book! I recommend it. The questions in the back are really great too. Get you to thinkin and open up. Which for me, is not easy to do. You'll have to let me know how you like Gone Girl! I have heard it will be a movie? Not sure if that's true but if so I want to read the book first.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images